Flex Factory in Althofen, Austria, admitted to the World Economic Forum Global Lighthouse Network
SAN JOSE, California, September 27, 2021 / PRNewswire / – In recognition of its adoption and deployment of Industry 4.0 (I4.0) technologies, Flex (NASDAQ: FLEX) today announced, following a rigorous application process, its site d ‘factory in Althofen, Austria has been admitted to the Global Lighthouse Network (GLN) of the World Economic Forum. GLN’s goal is to accelerate the adoption of inclusive technologies in manufacturing by creating a cross-industry network that includes some of the most advanced factories and connected value chains in the world.
Althofen’s Flex site demonstrated how it deployed I4.0 technologies to improve operational efficiency and agility. By meeting higher regulatory and quality standards, Flex has attracted higher margin, longer lifecycle medical businesses, increasing revenues by 50% in the same physical footprint. Its investment in the Althofen site is a perfect example of Flex’s commitment to continuous technology investment and improvement in all of its factories.
The Flex Althofen site used I4.0 technology to develop a more substantial competitive and differentiated advantage, creating unique solutions and value for Flex customers. The appointment of the Althofen site highlighted the following areas of innovation:
- LISA (Line shutdown assistant), a virtual operator assistance system that assists line operators by detecting quality issues and shutting down the production line.
- Flex Pulse – Provide end-to-end visibility across Flex’s entire supply chain in real time to help overcome supply chain complexity.
- Integrated material management and automation – supply just-in-time materials and reduce online stocks to free up production space and allow 600 product changes per month.
- Energy consumption management – integrate the IT infrastructure with the industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) to develop a platform for monitoring and alerting energy flow data in real time.
- Advanced analytics platform – Integrate data from machines, optical analysis systems and other sources to create real-time dashboards designed to improve performance on production lines. Examples include simulation modeling to predict required maintenance and unsupervised machine learning for anomaly detection.
âThe Flex site at Althofen is an exemplary example of our commitment to leveraging the convergence of innovation and sustainability for good,â said Francois barbier, President of Global Operations and Components, Flex. âJoining this network of like-minded organizations will pave the way for positive change in the world of manufacturing. We look forward to sharing our experience with cutting-edge technologies such as automation and digitization to create a better and more efficient place for employees and to build products that improve the world. ”
“The site of the Flex factory in Althofen, Austria demonstrates how a manufacturing company and its workforce can leverage actionable innovation and goal-driven sustainability to drive change, âsaid Francisco betti, Head of Advanced Manufacturing and Production Platform Design, World Economic Forum. “With its advanced manufacturing capabilities enabled by I4.0, Flex installations around the world deliver increased efficiency, quality and durability to customers. As a member of Lighthouse, Flex has the power to lead by example and to encourage its peers in the industry to rethink how they too can leverage technology to shape the future. “
CEO Flex Revathi Advaithi will participate as an expert / guest speaker in a virtual panel organized by the World Economic Forum Global Lighthouse Network on September 29 To 5 p.m. CET titled âLighthouse of the Fourth Advanced Industrial Revolution (4IR) – Re-qualification of the Workforce of the Future.â Those interested can access the streaming content here.
Flex (registration number 199002645H) is the manufacturing partner of choice helping a diverse customer base design and manufacture products that improve the world. With the collective strength of a global workforce in 30 countries and responsible and sustainable operations, Flex delivers technological innovation, supply chain and manufacturing solutions to a variety of industries and end markets.
Media & Press
Director, Integrated Corporate Communications
Media and press EMEA
EMEA Communication Director
+353 86 385 1677
Investors and analysts
Vice-President, Investor Relations