Finance Colombia »Colombia Gold Symposium 2021 announces economic development awards, applications are open until October 15
Like Gold Symposium in Colombia returns to an in-person format at the Marriott Medellín from November 15-16, event organizers continue to innovate as they seek to support the growth of a healthy formal mining sector in the region. With this goal in mind, Colombia Gold Symposium announced the first economic development awards.
ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) is an increasingly important part of any mining exploration and development project in order to obtain a social license to operate and enable successful operations. Colombia Gold Symposium asserts that exploration and development companies in Latin America are therefore effectively regional development companies. Mining and exploration companies operating in Latin America are developing innovative economic development programs to support their host communities that have real economic and social impact and will be sustainable into the future.
These efforts often lack the recognition they deserve. That is why the Colombia Gold Symposium developed the “Colombia Gold Symposium Economic Development Awards” to showcase some of the best economic development projects undertaken by miners and explorers. The aim is to highlight the most innovative and effective programs to raise awareness of some of the things that can be done that can serve to stimulate the efforts of other mining and exploration companies, in addition to providing a wider recognition by peers to some of the great things companies do.
The Colombia Gold Symposium 2021 program will include a session showcasing the most impactful projects as determined by our panel of experts, with each company being able to provide a brief presentation of their projects, following which a prize will be awarded to the best projects. All submissions will also be presented on the ColombiaGold.co website.
“We hope this initiative will serve to inspire development and look forward to showcasing the great projects that companies are advancing with their communities,” said Paul Harris, President of the Colombia Gold Symposium.
Projects will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Concept of innovation – How innovative is the concept of the project?
- Effectiveness – Extent to which the project has improved the economic environment of the community.
- Replicability – Could this project be carried out in similar contexts?
- Social inclusion – To what extent has it involved the community, especially women?
- Creation of alliances – Articulation with other actors to increase the scope and potential of the project?
- Sustainability – Is the project sustainable over time and independent of continued support from the company?
Applicants are requested to send their applications to [email protected] to be received by Friday 15 October at the latest with the following information:
- name of the project
- Summary of program / project concept
- Description of the project and details of the economic impact it has and the number of people benefiting from it.
- Supporting photos and / or video